- Assume all overhead and downed (fallen) power lines are energized and potentially dangerous.
- Call Entergy to report the downed lines and request assistance.
- Keep yourself and your equipment AT LEAST 10 feet away from all overhead power lines, including service drops.
- Keep yourself and the public AT LEAST 30 feet away from fallen power lines. Transmission lines from large towers require a distance of 100 feet.
- Do not attempt to enter or contact vehicles that may be energized.
- Never cut service wires or remove electrical meters.
To request a "First Responder Beware" Visor Card (while supplies last), click here.